Monday, February 22, 2010

This card was a long time coming

I’ve had the idea for this card rolling around in my head for over a year. I made this card especially for my friend Kenny, who truly appreciates my twisted sense of humor. I call it the “zombie spinner card.” It’s no surprise that I would procrastinate on actually producing a card but I also had technical difficulties as well. Kenny celebrated his birthday in early December; I just mailed his card last week. I’m glad he knows me well enough to understand my problem with procrastination. : ) Since it took me just under 3 months to finish, I’m glad his card was well received!

I had a really hard time making this card. I scribbled out the text for it in a creative burst about 8 months ago but then I had a hard time figuring out how best to put it all together. I planned to hand-write the text on the card but wasn’t happy with how it turned out. So then I decided to digitize the text so I could alter the layout. Then I had to clean up the scans I made of the text. Have I ever told you I REALLY have OCD when it comes to playing with pixels in Photoshop? So I finally got the text like I wanted and started pulling together images from Halloween to use. I think the ones I selected work pretty well but I wasn’t all together happy with the round format since it cropped part of what I was trying to illustrate in each shot. But the round pictures did work well to swivel on the brads, so that part was pretty successful. I even had problems punching holes for this card. I felt like I’d never used scissors or paper before the whole time I was working on this one. I’ll probably make another version now that I have all the pieces created. Let me know if you have any ideas on how to make it better.





1 comment:

ScrapbookDBA said...

What an adorable card! LOL!!!!