Saturday, March 6, 2010

All grown up

I finally completed filing my taxes last weekend. I’m very grateful that several years ago, my sister insisted on showing me how easy Turbo Tax is to use. She helped me start doing my own taxes AND how to reconcile my checkbook. My sister knows a lot about being a grown up. You should see her with wiring, too. I’m loving the DVD player she connected to surround sound speakers.

It’s such a relief to have my taxes finished. I don’t know why I fret over them every year, but it’s one of the things I get really anxious about doing. It always makes me feel like a 12-year-old masquerading as an adult. I qualified for a tax credit on energy efficient home improvements, though. Yea! I love the new windows and the credit was a nice bonus. One thing I bought for myself with my return is a passport. I want to be ready when any of my friends win the lottery and invite me to go some place warm and sunny. : )

It feels so weird to be doing taxes, remodeling, and worrying about such “grown up” things. I might as well be really responsible and spend the rest of my return getting my master bath finished. I really just want to go outside and play now that spring is finally beginning to show hints it’s coming. I think I will. : )

1 comment:

Janna said...

Your sister sounds a lot like my sister. Except, my sister (an accountant) just does my taxes for me every year. (I pay her back by calling in prescriptions for antibiotics and stuff for her so she doesn't have to go in to see her doc.)

Yay for having a passport! I hope you get some stamps in there really soon!