Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snow day

Friday was an icy, bone-chilling day. Woke up to the sound of sleet hitting my window but still had to go to the office for a few hours. We were sent home at 10:30 so it wasn't terrible since the worst of the weather hit my house around noon. Fortunately, I was able to hitch a ride in to work and back home again so I didn't have to show my non-existent winter driving skills. (thank you Rick and Chad!) I was glad to have a few extra hours to do some things I've been procrastinating on including getting some cards ready to mail. I even got a few new ones made in my extra hours.

The neighbors were out playing, so I couldn't be left out. I got to ride on the 4 wheeler with the boy next door and watched Ms. Lynn entertain some of the neighbors' kids. She pulled out a sled from the garage (who knew we had one?) and a plastic wading pool for them to slid down our driveway. Then she gave rides in the street to a couple of the girls. Looked like fun! I rode with my neighbors to rent movies and we all had dinner Friday night.

Thank you, Kristina, for sharing your pictures!! To see more of Kristina's pictures, check out her blog post about the snow at Mouthy Kid, Moody Mom.

Saturday was a lazy day watching the rest of the movies but today I've been productive cleaning and baking cookies I owe my friend Kenny for his birthday - in December! Better late than never. :)

1 comment:

Debbie Nelson said...

Glad you had such a good icy-snowy day...sounds like it was alot of fun...loved the pictures!!!